School of Letters, Graduate School of Humanities, Faculty of Humanities, Kyushu University

History

1903 Fukuoka Medical College, the predecessor of Kyushu Imperial University, was opened
1911 Kyushu Imperial University was opened
1924 Establishment of the Faculty of Law and Letters
1947 Name changed from Kyushu Imperial University to Kyushu University
1949 Establishment of the School of Letters
1953 Establishment of the Graduate School of Letters
2000 Organization reform resulted in the School of Letters (bachelor’s degree program), Graduate School of Humanities (graduate education program), and the Faculty of Humanities (research institute).
2004 Kyushu University became a national university corporation
PAGE TOP